Saturday, September 30, 2023

Peacock Streaming



About a year ago, I jump at the chance to sign up for the Peacock streaming service. It was $19.99 for a year of premimum streaming. I may or may not have remembered that this tier included ads. However, I have been very annoyed with the ads.

Peacock is directly associated with its parent company, Universal. This means that a large collection of Universal products are available for both movies and television series. The rest of the Universal family of products make appearances as well.

My usage of the Peacock streaming service has very low. I re-watched Everything Everywhere All At Once (媽的多重宇宙), started a few episodes of Twisted Metal, and one NWSL game. I thought I would be on the service more and i pretty much got $19.99 worth of watching for the year.

I just wasn't that interested in most of the stuff that crossed over. I also didn't see the most recent releases highlighted. Somethings I would see it on twitter first, goto the app, and have to search it. At one time, I may have gone 3-4 months without even opening the service.

I will be canceling my subscription upon its due date. The price will now jump to $59.99 annually if I were to renew. And with ads at this premium teir.

I am interested in "The Continental" series, but not for the price point. I also may have finished Twisted Metal at some point, but not at the price point.

[UPDATE] Since the subscription ran out, I have not deleted the app as there are still a fair amount of free stuff with ads. Nothing to write home about, but enough for me to keep it around.

No comments: