Friday, June 23, 2023

The Super Mario Bros. Movie - 超級瑪利歐兄弟電影版



The Super Mario Bros. Movie (超級瑪利歐兄弟電影版) is an 2023 film. The animated movie is voiced by Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Day, Jack Black, Keegan-Michael Key, Seth Rogen, and Fred Armisen. The film was produce by Universal Pictures, Illumination, and Nintendo. At the moment of this writing, it is the highest grossing US film of 2023 with $1.3 billion at the box office.

Mario and Luigi are plumbers that get sucked into the world of the kingdoms. Mario lands in the Mushroom Kingdom and than runs into Princess Peach. Somehow they team up to go against Bowser. Peach enlist the help of the Jungle Kingdom and they go attack. Will they be able to stop Bowsers war on the kingdoms?

I loved this film. Maybe because I grew up on Mario Bros games starting with those handhelds. In the schoolyard, it was always the rich kid that went back to Taiwan and brought one back from their summer trip that got us all wanting to play it. Just as kids are, those games had a short shelf life and broke. It wasn’t until a lot later when Nintendo entered the US market that we could goto the TV to play. Atari had already fizzled out by then.

The movie was fun and was always on the go. I liked the voices chosen as it was not even on my mind whom they were while I was watching. I didn’t think any of the voices were out of place. Which kept me in the story and movie. I will purchase this via digital during Black Friday and watch it again. You should watch it in the theatre if you get the chance. Visually, it was a very well made film. I think Universal and Sony are passing up Disney on these animated films now.

No comments: