Thursday, June 15, 2023

The Little Mermaid 2023 - 小美人魚 2023



The Little Mermaid (小美人魚) is an 2023 film. The movie stars Halle Bailey and Jonah Hauer-King. Awkwafina lends her voice to Scuttle, Melissa McCarthy plays Ursula, and Javier Bardem plays King Triton, the father. This is a live action remake of the original animated The Little Mermaid from 1989.

The Little Mermaid is infatuated with the surface world. During a ship crash, she saves someone that did not make it onto a life boat, Prince Eric. She uses her siren voice to revive him. Ursula finds out and makes a deal with her that she will give her human legs, but no voice. She jumps at the chance to meet Prince Eric again.

Not sure what to say about this movie. The main audience for this film is not me. I don’t think I’ve ever watched the original one in its entirety as well. I may have enjoyed one or two of the songs here and there over the years, but it is not something I purposely put on. At the moment, I prefer the 1989 versions more. I’ve generally felt that way about the other live action re-makes as well. I watched this with my family and they all enjoyed it and immediately started listening to the songs on Spotify.

Go watch if you like these type of films. I will most likely choose other stuff to watch or listen to.

No comments: