Monday, February 8, 2010

笑傲江湖 - Xiao Ao Jiang Hu - Broadcasting



笑傲江湖 (Xiao Ao Jiang Hu) is currently broadcasting in Taiwan now. The version they are broadcasting is from 2001 and it stars Li Ya Peng and Xu Qing. Faye Wong also sang the song for the ending credits.

This is my favorite adaption of the series. I had seen bits and pieces of the Richie Ren and Steve Ma versions. I do only slightly remember the 1984 one that starred Chow Yun-Fat. I watched the 1984 back in the 80s.

The story is pretty flat as Linghu Chong spends about half of the series in "hurt" state. Meaning, he wasn't able to fully utilize his martial arts. The story was quite dense and that made the ride worth it. It wasn't one dimensional at all.

The 2001 one with Li Ya Peng and Xu Qing was also being broadcasts during the fall of 2009 on 44.6 here in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch much of it.

I actually have this series in VCD form. 40 discs. Nice, I have to change the disc with each episode. You can see why I haven't re-watched this. It was a pain to watch it the first time.

I'll give it a go again as the teasers have peaked my interest again.


No comments: