Friday, May 3, 2019

Replicas - 捍衛生死線



Replicas (捍衛生死線) is an 2019 film. The movie stars Keanu Reeves, Alice Eve, and Thomas Middleditch. The movie was shot on location in Puerto Rico during 2016. The movie was originally going to be released in the summer of 2018 but got pushed back.



Keanu Reeves plays William Foster, the head scientist for a android program. Thomas Middleditch plays Ed Whittle, his main assistant, confidant, and bio tissues guy. When the Foster family heads out for a trip, a terrible car accidents kills everyone except for William. William enlist the help of Ed to put his family's memories into androids. Can they make this happen without anyone finding out? Can he keep it from the androids?



I have a hate love relationship with this movie. After I put it on, I kept stopping it, because it started out so bad. Oh so bad. The introduction of William Foster and his research was terrible. Why should you care? You don't so you don't want to continue, even after the accident. But I had it on the background while I did other things and the the last 2/3 of the movie ended up being awesome. So awesome that I went to back to watch parts I missed because I needed context. About roughly 10 minutes.



Why did the beginning have to suck so much?! This movie also did terrible at the box office. Maybe Keanu will make it back on the after market, but its disappointing that the movie started so bad. BUT the remaining 2/3rd of the movie went into sci-fi thriller mode and was quite awesome. Watch it if you are a Keanu or Sci-fi fan. I am glad I didn't turn it off.

I rented Replicas via T-Mobile Tuesday Redbox Promo.






No comments: