Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Serenity - 驚濤佈局



Serenity (驚濤佈局) is an 2019 film. The movie stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Diane Lane, Jason Clarke, and Djimon Hounsou.



Matthew McConaughey plays Dill, a fisherman who's obsessed with catching a tuna that continues to elude him. When he's propositioned by his ex-wife to murder her current husband, that's when the movie takes a turn. Can Dill maintain his honor while trying to save his ex-wife from abuse.

This movie was ok for the first half. It was an interesting take on that part of the US and the profession wasn't one you normally see. Which lead to some interest on my part to see it presented. However, towards last third of the film. The movie lost me. There is a twist that I will not reveal here, but it lost me. From that point on, nothing was good and I was ultimately disappointed.

Maybe the producers thought the twist would be unique. I'll just say it wasn't. If it were not for Matthew McConaughey and Diane Lane, I would have liked this movie a whole lot less.

I picked this up via T-Mobile Tuesday Redbox promo.



No comments: