Wednesday, July 3, 2019

The Upside - 活個精彩



The Upside (活個精彩) is an 2019 film. The movie stars Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston. The supporting cast include Nicole Kidman, Golshifteh Farahani, Aja Naomi King, Julianna Margulies, and Genevieve Angelson. The is based on a true story and remake of the 2011 French film, The Intouchables (逆轉人生).



Phillip Lacasse, a wealthy quadriplegic, looks for a replacement for a daily caretaker. Dell, an unemployed candidate, applies, but doesn't want to get hired. Instead, Dell only wants the signature of why they decided not to hire him. Phillip ask for Dell to come back the day after. Going against the grain and of what was expected of him in society. The staff around Phillip are taken aback by the "crude" nature of Dell. Phillip likes the honest approach of his caretaker. The strike up a bond that allows Phillip to have something to look forward in life.

I pretty much copy and pasted about 90% of that synopsis from The Intouchables (逆轉人生). However, the US remake was so much worst. I don't know if my watching of The Intouchables (逆轉人生) hurt this one, as nothing surprised me. And Kevin Hurt as Dell just didn't jive with me. I just didn't think it was very believable. If you're looking for a story of redemption and like buddy comedies, this might work. If not, skip it.

I got this movie via T-Mobile Tuesday Redbox Promo.



No comments: