Thursday, March 17, 2011

Women Don't Fall From the Sky - 暫譯:從天而降



I recently found out about Women Don't Fall From the Sky (暫譯:從天而降). Dubbed as "the first independant Chinese TV drama produced locally...626, San Gabriel Valley". That's right around the block from my hood, The Heights. Technically, the majority of The Heights is in the 626, but there are the ppl in the 562 and 909. And its also part of the San Gabriel Vally (SGV). But I am guessing its based on parts of the Monterey Park, Arcadia, Alhambra, San Gabriel, and Temple City area.

The trailer looks pretty well made. However, I am still not entirely sure of what the story is about. Seems like two male protagonists battle it out within the life of a mother and daughter. One is a player but can't keep lady's around. The other is not able to get beyond the first meal. It also looks to be a combination of English and Mandarin Chinese (English subtitles).

From the trailer, I do not recognize any of the people. I hope them the best of luck on establishing Chinese dramas outside of Asia. I wonder how it'll compare to the dramas of other large Chinese communities like Malaysia.

I wonder how I will even watch this and how they will make money. Will it be shown on any of the 10 or so OTA Chinese TV stations? Youtube? Hulu? DramaFever? How will I be able to watch this.

Even with all my questions, I like that there's people out there in my hood thinking of doing this stuff. It's got to start somewhere. If I can help support them through my viewership, sign me up.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Thanks for writing about us. You are more than welcome to attend the screening on March 26th, 2011 in South Pasadena at 7pm. Please email me at hchheng@gmail.com

Huy
Director of WDFFTS

Populasian said...

Hi Huy, sorry for the late reply and not being able to make it out to the screening. However, if there's a way for us to support you on air, let us know!

Good luck and success on your project!