Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Inside Out - 腦筋急轉彎



Inside Out (腦筋急轉彎) is an 2015 movie. The film voices feature Amy Poehler, Bill Hader, Mindy Kaling, Diane Lane, and Kyle MacLachlan. The movie was produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Disney.

The concept of the movie is that our emotions were broken into solo roles inside the brain. The five emotions are Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust. Together, they work inside the brain in a command center type of environment. The movie follows Riley Andersen, who is born in Minnesota, but makes the move to San Francisco during the film. The movie follows a coming of age event as Riley tries to adjust to life in a new city. However, things start to happen in the emotions command center, Joy and Sadness go an adventure to right the path.

My daughters loved this movie and we've watched it several times via Blu-ray. I myself did not enjoy it as much. I don't know if its because I think there are way more complicated things in life to simplify it to this level. I can't seem to separate reality and the concepts in this film. Thus, I don't watch it with my kids anymore.

It is a Pixar film so you can see the quality of the animation. The story is also strong to attract an adult audience. It also has celebrity voices to attach attention and to help promote the film. The Pixar vaults would gladly welcome this one.



No comments: