Sunday, November 22, 2009

倚天屠龍記 - Yi Tian Tu Long Ji - Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre - 2009 - Upcoming - On DVD



倚天屠龍記 (Yi Tian Tu Long Ji/Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre) has already finished broadcasting in China. The DVD is available to purchase already from YesAsia.

I am not sure how the China market makes money from the wuxia dramas. But to broadcast some 40 episodes within a month seems like you would lose money. You're hoping each episode's ad revenue makes or goes beyond the costs of producing (making) costs. So, they play it all in one month? It doesn't make sense to me. Unfortunately, I only really understand the US television market and to a much lesser extent, the Taiwan market.

In China, the cost is $60 RMBs for the DVD set. On YesAsia, its going for $64 USD. Um, its much cheaper to buy it in China. Six fold cheaper.

I am just glad that within a couple of weeks, I think I might be actually watching this via DVD. Review of the 2009 and 2002 series to follow.

If you're looking for English subs, unless there's a fansub, I don't think you're gonna get one for this version. At least not in 2009. If Tai Seng picks it up and goes for a US DVD release, you might get one.

I have been eagerly awaiting this since January. I had a follow up about 6 months ago, another follow up 4 months ago and another a couple of weeks ago. So, you know I've been tracking this and waiting for it.

No comments: