Thursday, May 14, 2009

倚天屠龍記 - Yi Tian Tu Long Ji - Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre - 2009 - Upcoming



倚天屠龍記 (Yi Tian Tu Long Ji/Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre) is set for release this fall. The pictures are in and the official poster is out. I am eagerly awaiting it to make it to the US in good quality on DVD by Christmas time. Oh, there's gonna be the bargain bin $5-$10 versions crammed into 2 DVDs. But I shall wait.



I was mid way through the 2003 version with Alec Su when I found out that they were making this version. I had to stop so that I could try to forget the story. Knowing it all isn't a good thing.



I am not that happy with the 6 female leads. In the 2003 and 1986 one, I liked at least 5 of the 6. In this one, judging from the pics, only 3 seem to fit the role.

But I am eagerly awaiting this. I think that the scenery for the this will be the best yet. Getting a scenic view of China via this series will be awesome. Also, from the pics, it looks like it'll depart from the 2003 storyline a lot after they get back to the mainland from the island.



It's got a tough act to follow. I think the 2003 Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre is my favorite series ever, followed right behind by the 1986 one.

Here's some news clips and a "trailer".




No comments: