Sunday, May 24, 2009

不良笑花 - Miss No Good



不良笑花 (Miss No Good) is a 2008 drama out of Taiwan. It ran for 14 episodes on CTS from September to December. It stars Rainie Yang, Wilber Pan, Dean Fujioka, and Michelle Chen. I had a first thoughts a few months back.



Yupe, it took me a few months to finish. On and off, I watched half the series with my wife. When it became apparent that my wife wasn't going to be able to finish it, I watched the second half by myself. I think I would have chopped it to 11 episodes. Episodes 12 and 13 dragged. Because I watched it while washing dishes, I couldn't fast forward the parts that dragged. Episode 14 was like 75% flashbacks. The series started super funny, got super serious, and tried to end on the funny side. For the most part, 小花 stayed true to her character. I've seen Rainie through the years and this may be my favorite from her.



小花 was so interesting and they presented her as a kid in an adult world. So many mannerisms reminded me of my 3 and half year old daughter. From the "looking up" as she talks. Putting her fingers together in nervous situations. Sucking her thumb when she sleeps. Confused look when things don't make sense.



As much as I liked the first half, it had to get serious in the second half and add the drama. But it came full circle and it was a nice ride.

Wilbur Pan puts in a good leading performance.

I picked up my copy from AMAX.



No comments: