Sunday, May 31, 2009

Buddha's Palm - 如來神掌



Buddha's Palm (如來神掌) is a 2004 Chinese language martial arts drama. The version I am reviewing today is the one you can rent off Netflix and buy via Amazon. The drama stars Julian Cheung, Athena Chu, and Christopher Lee.

The American release is a shorten version of the orginally 40 episode drama. Basically taking roughly 35 hours of a drama and condensing it down to 3 hours for the US.

I had watched the original series when it first came out around 2004 or 2005. It was a tough watch back than, its a tough watch now as a super condensed version.

The story doesn't flow and things are jumping from here to there with no explanation. Lucky I had a context or I would have pulled all my hair out.

Skip this version and look for the full 40 episode version. I may review that in the future someday. I've included the cover of that drama below and the youtube clip is from the full version as well.



No comments: