Saturday, March 28, 2015

Jack Reacher - 神隱任務



Jack Reacher (神隱任務) is an 2012 film. The movie stars Tom Cruise. The supporting cast include Rosamund Pike and Jai Courtney. I watched this film via my Amazon Prime membership.

Tom Cruise plays Jack Reacher. Reacher was an expert and very decorated MP during his years in the armed forces. Retired and back in the states, one of the folks he investigated as an MP has done something wrong. The defense lawyer, Rosamund Pike as Helen Rodin, has some daddy issues and takes up the case. Right when Jack Reacher starts his investigation, he's a target and Helen eventually digs too deep too. Will Jack get to the bottom of this and save the day?

Of course! It is a Tom Cruise film. Jack Reacher seems to be a combo of Tom Cruise's MI:4 and Knight And Day characters. Before Tom Cruise had back to back sci-fi stint movies (Oblivion and Edge Of Tomorrow), he took on Jack Reacher. Jack seems to know it all and than doesn't, than does again. Which made for an intriguing film. The addition of Rosamund Pike kept my interest. As a lawyer with daddy issues, she does well in portraying someone on a mission to be herself.

I had this movie in my Amazon watchlist for months. MONTHS! I just didn't want to watch it on my iPad as I do for most stuff. I finally found time to watch it on my real TV and I am sure glad I did. It's a pretty picturesque film shot partly in Pittsburgh.



No comments: