Friday, February 13, 2015

奔跑吧! 兄弟 - Running Man



奔跑吧! 兄弟 (Running Man) is an 2015 film out of Zhong Guo. The movie stars Angelababy, Wang Baoqiang, Li Chen, Michael Chen, Ryan Cheng, Wong Cho-lam, Sie Yi-Lin, Lynn Hung, Guo Jingfei, Eleven, Kim Jong-kook. The film is based on a popular Zhong Guo variety show of the same name.



The movie starts with the introduction of the team as they arrive at the airport. Eleven eventually shows up as their tour guide. When they get to the hotel, we are introduced to the whole team and the pick teams. The winning team gets to stay in the nice hotel rooms and the loser gets the no so nice hotel rooms. The swimming pool event is using their hands only to knock their opponent off the stage. The next day, they are present with an activity to find up to 200 clues. The winning team will receive $888,888 CNY. A killer has been made available in this game. Game on!



I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what I saw. Because I have not seen the Zhong Guo variety show nor the original Korean version, I wasn't sure what was going on. And the captions they had on screen were not translated so I didn't get the jokes. However, I understand enough to ask myself why the heck I paid AMC prices to watch this. I could have just watched the Youtube version of the TV show. Yikes! But its doing tremendous biz in the motherland. I went with a buddy that knows the Korean version and we were the only ones in the theater.

Youtube Trailer.

No comments: