Saturday, December 5, 2009

Looking for Jackie - 尋找成龍




Looking for Jackie (尋找成龍)is a 2009 film out of China. The movie stars Zhang Yishan and partly Jackie Chan.

The movie is about Zhang Yishan, a 15 year old based in Indonesia. Yishan is a avid Jackie Chan and would love to study under him. However, Yishan is lazy and has tunnel vision. This tunnel vision leads to a very selfish life or "me me me". If you like this quality, keep watching. Without that trait, you can't go on. Yishan finds out that Jackie Chan is shooting in Beijing and decides to head there to find him. Once there, you go into 3-4 story arcs that lead him to Jackie.

Once he finds Jackie, Jackie tells him that he's been selfish and unstudious. And that he needs to learn Chinese reading and writing better when he gets back to Indonesia. Yishan does get better grades, but is still self center and all about himself.

I had this one while washing dishes so I watched it all. If I was not washing dishes, I would have fast forwarded or turned it off. The only bright spot was Tang Yan making a brief cameo in the beginning of the film.

No comments: