Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dynamite Warrior - 功夫拳霸



Dynamite Warrior (功夫拳霸) is a 2006 film out of Thailand. The movie stars Dan Chupong.

Pretty much a revenge movie. Dan plays Siang, a robin hood type thief. Stealing back water buffaloes stolen from defense farmers and returning them. Siang also has an alternative agenda. To find a tattooed man who he believes killed his whole family. When Siang does, he does all within his power to take him down. Lots and lots and lots of fighting. The subplots in the movie are just as over top as the fighting.

I actually bought this film (VCD) during a business trip to Kuala Lumpur back in 2007. I actually thought it was "Born to Fight". Which it wasn't. When I got back to the states, I forgot about it as I had a stash that I am still trying to get through. When I saw some insane trailer for it, I dug it up and watch it. I was both delighted and repulsed. The fighting was great, but I was taken aback by the absurd storyline and subject matter.

You're gonna watch this for the fighting and not for the story. Be warned.



No comments: