Saturday, December 12, 2009

Dangerous Games - 棒子老虎雞



Dangerous Games (棒子老虎雞) is a 2007 movie out of China. It stars Gigi Leung, Eric Tsang, Xia Yu, Tang Yan (Tiffany Tang), and Gi Ji. The movie was primarily filmed in Hanzhou.

The movie is based on the tradiontional Chinese saying, "Bang Zi Lao Hu Ji". Which is very much like a "Scissor Rock Cloth". Which means, that you might beat one, but the other can beat you. So goes this movie with each creature is assigned to a cast member. I couldn't figure out who was who. Eric Tsang plays Hu, a tycoon. Gigi is a bar girl. Xia is Gigi's fiancee and a hot air ballon operator. Tang plays the two timing girlfriend of Hu. Gi Ji plays a pianist doubling as a con man.

You get 5 of these guys going at each other for 80+ minutes. I think I enjoyed the "making of" better than the movie. The "making of" was pretty long and the stories they told seemed more interesting than what transpired in the movie.

The main reason I rented this was for Tiffany Tang Yan. If I didn't see her on the cover, I would have skipped over this.

No comments: