Sunday, July 21, 2013

Battleship - 超級戰艦



Battleship (超級戰艦) is an 2012 film. The movie stars Taylor Kitsch. The supporting cast include Alexander Skarsgård, Rihanna, Brooklyn Decker, and Liam Neeson. The movie is advertised as being based loosely off a popular board game of the same name.

Taylor plays a navy seaman that gets into trouble a lot. But he's such a catch that the admiral's daughter finds him hot. Out on a routine training exercise, they are attacked by aliens. The the reconnaissance crew sent by the aliens crash lands by an island in Hawaii. The navy's ships are there, including Taylors. After some display of ultimate power from the aliens, they settle down and try to phone home. Taylor and what's left of the navy try to stop them.

I saw this movie via both rented blu-ray and on HBO. I had a hard time sitting through the whole thing. Almost none of the main characters appealed to me. I flat out didn't like them. They had heart during the battle as they should, but on their off hours, I don't know. I'd avoid them. Which made avoiding this movie something I wanted to do. But HBO's constant reruns got me. I got through the movie over like a span of a month. Just like its box office take, something you don't really need to watch unless HBO repeats it like crazy again.



No comments: