Monday, May 23, 2022

Taking a step back from the MCU



The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has enjoyed much success since its public introduction with Iron Man (鋼鐵人). From that time forward, outside of 2009, there has been either a MCU movie or related television show released. Since the covid pandemic is showing signs of letting some things get back to normal, the MCU's brief light 2020 is transformed into a very busy 2022 and beyond.

Disney+ series have now added to the universe and complicated things a bit. The past, the series on ABC and Netflix were not used in the MCU movies. However, since Kevin Feige's taken over all of the MCU, the old series are starting to be merged back into the MCU. And the Fox items are now slowly getting merged back into the MCU as well.

What this has meant for me is that I initially started on the Disney+ series of WandaVision and Falcon. However, I did not like both very much. The only thing I liked about WandaVision was Randall Park as Jimmy Woo and Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis. I would watch them in a X-files type series in a heartbeat. Please MCU, make a Jimmy/Darcy series.

I've had a hard time watching Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Moonknight. I have no interest in Ms. Marvel and She-hulk as well. She-hulk is currently getting killed for its poor CGI FX. Loki is something I am going to watch again, but did not like it much the first time around.

I am also comparing this to how much I liked The Mandalorian and Boba Fitt series. I am really looking forward to Obi-wan.

Which is to say, I am going to start watching less and less of all the MCU Disney+ releases and keep to the movies. Very to sad to be moving in this direction, but the MCU is growing with no signs of slowing down. But that means I can no longer keep up.

No comments: