Monday, October 30, 2023

My Current Marvel Cinematic Habits



The Marvel Cinematic Universe is now chugging along again after a slight year and a half delay from the pandemic. The movies and television series have been steadily releasing with no delays. And the incorporation of the characters from Sony, Fox, and Netflix properties have seemingly been successful.

Yet, my passion for Marvel have continues to dissipate. I have only finished watching only 3 MCU Disney+ series. Loki continues to impress. But the others have disappointed. My Disney+ history shows most stoping on episode 1.

Through the pandemic, I rewatched many MCU films from phase 1, 2 and 3 multiple times as my kids became interested in them as they got old enough. But for Phase 4 and 5, I have not re-watched anything outside of Shang-chi. I will for the first time skip a MCU film this coming fall to just wait for it to come on streaming.

The slate for the future looks good for films though. But I will no longer by default watch all Marvel films anymore on opening day. Something I’ve done since Iron Man, so that is a bit depressing. A similar feeling when a goto restaurant closes down after being open for years.

As for Disney+ series, only Loki has caught my interest recently. I also see my kids viewing habits moving away from traditional mediums as well. Reels and of the sort are numerous and can easily take up hours of a person’s time now. No need for traditional media.

No comments: