Monday, March 1, 2010

Chinese Language TV in Los Angeles, March 2010

Much has changed in just 2 short months.

There are now 4 more free digital stations with Mandarin Chinese content since my last update on January 1st! Four!

57.9 was advertising at my daughters' Chinese school during their spring festival celebration. So, I checked it out and it's mostly Taiwan programming. The station is run by Zhong Want TV Inc.

Three other new channels:
31.5 - SkyLink TV
31.7 - TBWTV - Advertised for months, but as of my last report, wasn't airing. Now its up.
31.8 - Programming from China (company unknown)

The 31.X channels are really poor signal quality. I can't watch it nor understand anything due to poor sound quality. I'll check them out periodically to see if KVMD gets a stronger signal.

There you have it, 4 more Mandarin Chinese centric stations in the Los Angeles area. It really is making the argument for dropping cable.

BTW - 31.9 and 31.10 are airing content but the signal is so poor, I can't make out what type of broadcast. Maybe it's more Chinese stations!

Related Posts to Chinese Language TV in Los Angeles:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
April 2009
May 2009
October 2009
January 2010

No comments: