Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cheer Chen-Immortal - 陳綺貞-太陽



Cheer Chen (陳綺貞) released Immortal (太陽) last month. My local Chinese media store AMAX didn't get it until a week or so ago. I did manage to hear a few clips via Youtube before the purchase.

It is pretty mellow and has some nice rock elements to it. Music is hard to describe and there are so many clips on YouTube that you need to decide if you like it or not.

This is the first Cheer Chen CD I've purchased and I like it. In the US, this kind of music is more alternative folk rock.

This album is named Immortal. But the direct Chinese translation is "The Sun". Maybe there's some hidden meaning that I don't get. Maybe if I pay attention to the lyrics more, I might get a hint. (BTW - I almost never listen to lyrics)






No comments: