Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dororo - 多羅羅:天下之戰 - どろろ



Dororo was really hyped when it was released in 2007. I had even gotten a copy from my rental place. But it only had Chinese subs so I had to wait for a copy to come stateside from a US distributor. Fast forward a year and I finally got it via Netflix.

Does it live up to the hype? Since it has been so long since the hype and was an afterthought when I got it via Netflix, it did! I think because I wasn't expecting anything nor was I expecting it to be good. I was pleasantly surprised at the concept and how it developed. I don't have any background on this film other than that it was hyped on the "Asian Cult Film" sites. With that, I was a blank slate.

The movie is about a loner who slays demons and picks up a sidekick. The fighting is outrageous and the special effects are not great but the movie concept minimizes its. The relationships are actually developed quite thoroughly.




No comments: