Thursday, September 30, 2010

Amazing Race 17 - Nat and Kat



Due to all the hype around KevJumba, I didn't really pay attention to the rest of the cast, but there's another Asian amoung the other 10 teams. Kat Chang of team Nat and Kat. These two ladies showed great pose and energy getting to the finish line.

I am now not only cheering for Michael and Kevin, I will be cheering for Nat and Kat too now. Thus, I'll be dropping Michael and Kevin from the titles hear on out. I wonder if Kat will know any Chinese when they get to China. We'll see.

This is awesome. Amazing Race 17 would be the best season ever if these two teams finish in the top 2.

Including their bio from the CBS site for historical purposes


Nat and Kat
Nat Strand
Age: 31

Hometown: Scottsdale, Ariz.

Connection to your Teammate: Friend

Current occupation: Doctor

Favorite hobbies: Scuba diving, skiing and traveling

Achievements: Becoming a doctor

Lifelong to do list: Cage dive with great white sharks, take pilot lessons, finish a triathlon, establish a comprehensive pain rehabilitation center, write a book and learn how to speak Spanish.

What scares you most about traveling? Not having access to medical care

What excites you most about traveling? Traveling will give me the opportunity to see new places, learn about different cultures and grow as a person

If I could switch places with someone: The Dalai Lama or Heidi Klum

Role model/hero: My Dad. He is the kindest person I know.

What are you passionate about? I am passionate about helping people live the best possible life.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? If we were to win the million dollars, I would donate money to support challenged athletes and to support the search for a cure for Diabetes. I would pay off my debts from medical school and I would buy a baby blue vintage Bronco with the top chopped off.

People would be surprised to learn: I am absolutely terrified of heights.

Favorite place you have ever visited: Belize

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: We went to get our backpack for the Race and we could not find Kat's car in the parking garage afterwards. We were in the completely wrong parking structure. Navigation might be our biggest challenge.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain personal satisfaction from traveling, meet new people and represent strong, career oriented females.

Pet peeve about your teammate: Kat is so perfect! I don't have a pet peeve.

Kat Chang
Age: 35

Hometown: Santa Monica, Calif.

Connection to your Teammate: Friend

Current occupation: Doctor

Favorite hobbies: Cycling, traveling and eating

Achievements: The biggest achievement for me was completing medical school and residency - both of which did not come easy for me.

Lifelong to do list: Learn to scuba dive, surf and cook; have a rewarding career where I am proud of my work; live a healthy and balanced life; have a loving family; run the New York City marathon; remember to live in the present

What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick

What excites you most about traveling? Meeting new people and seeing/experiencing new things - that makes me reflect and learn something new about myself.

If I could switch places with someone: Maybe only for one day, I would switch with a comedian like Chelsea Handler. She's hysterical and what a great skill to be able to make an entire room erupt in laughter.

Role model/hero: I'm inspired by a lot of people -- especially strong, successful women. Thanks to all the female physicians before who paved the way for my generation of doctors.

What are you passionate about? Travel, love and good food

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Donate to charity, pay off part of my medical school loans and bring some loved ones on a sweet vacation

People would be surprised to learn: I'm very sensitive and emotional.

Favorite place you have ever visited: Bali

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Having to adjust to not being in control of our daily schedules

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other then winning one million bucks)? I hope to have a fun adventure. One million dollars would also help make a huge dent in my enormous student loans.

Pet peeve about your teammate: She tends to show up late for things (fashionably of course).





No comments: