Friday, July 20, 2012

626 Night Market - 626 夜市 IS BACK in July 2012



The fine folks that put on the first 626 Night Market are back for an encore event on July 28, 2012. Apparently, Pasadena is part of the 626. I thought it so north that it would be either 323 or 818, but its mostly 626. Go figure.



This time, I will not be going. I am hosting a BBQ that day and won't be able to make it out. But I hear that the event promoters listened to all the disgusted reviews of the first night. Thus, they've selected a bigger venue! That's a start!

Personally, it's impossible to replicate the Taipei night markets. Impossible. I haven't spent all that much time in Asia, but from what I have seen, the Taipei Night markets stand on its own. The HK night markets are their own personality as well. Can't be duped. But they can try to make a SoCal version. Which I would welcome and try to get out to if it becomes more regular and closer to The Heights!

In honor of the 626, some transplants to the 626 made this homage a few months ago. They also cover a lot of The Heights in another video honoring Colima Road which is also part of the 626.





No comments: