Monday, November 24, 2008

The 1st Los Angeles Taiwanese Film Festival

I recent found that Los Angeles will have its first Los Angeles Taiwanese Film Festival!  It will be held from December 12-14 at UCLA.

Some of the movies being shown there have been quite high profile, including:
  • Jay Chou's directorial debut, Secret
  • The 2006 Taiwan Film Festival Winner, Do Over
  • 2007 Art movie Reflection
  • Taiwan movie box office king of October, Cape No. 7
Some documentaries round out the rest of the time, along with some festival stuff like panels.

Everything is free except for the Cape No. 7 screenings.  I can see why, its the rage of Taiwan and Taiwan see it as an excellent film to promote tourism.

If I weren't so old and have a baby due around that time, I'd guarantee that I'd be there.

No comments: