Monday, November 17, 2008

基因決定我愛你 - My DNA Says I Love You



I saw 基因決定我愛你 - My DNA Says I Love You a few months ago. I was a fan of Robin Lee's The Shoe Fairy and was anticipating this film.

DNA was quite weird, but was ultimately enjoyable. I think that the casting of Yu Nan was out of place as the other 3 stars were from Taiwan. You can tell the dialect difference right away (at least I could) along with the rest of the bit players.

The setting however was in China somewhere and not in Taiwan (at least from what I can tell).

The story follows 2 ladies and 2 gentlemen that look for love in different ways. The 2 ladies are co-workers and roommates. They work for a company that provides pills that modify behavior. A novel concept. Hijinx ensues and love is lost & found for both our female protagonist. The male counterparts almost seem like eye candy as the story is really centered around the 2 female leads.

It's an "art" film and really makes you work to understand it all. But its worth the mind trip and I have a lot of anticipation for future Robin Lee films.



No comments: