Thursday, November 20, 2008

Facebook Caching

So, I primarily use Facebook as my social networking tool. I wrote a post about Friendster a few months back and why you should be using Facebook.

Since I am in the web field, I know a thing or two about data caching. Facebook, after all these months still continues to have problems here.

I friends activities are updated in a weird way sometimes and my activities somethings do not show up right away.

So, in layman terms, when things get updated, the public (your friends and yourself) may not see it for a few moments. In technical terms, the cache isn't being refreshed.

I hope Facebook arch team figures this out. It's not a major annoyance, but it is one. It's tricky and I know with the type of web traffic they get, it's something they pull their hair out about all the time.

No comments: