Friday, April 2, 2010

America's Best Dance Crew - Season 5 - Hip Hop Nation and Last Chance Challenges



Last night was the tenth episode of America's Best Dance Crew (Season 5), Hip Hop Nation and Last Chance Challenges.

The final three crews took the stage and Blueprint Cru was voted into the finals. Hype 5-0 and Poreotix drop to an elimination round. I was actually surprised since Poreotix was my favorite from last week. Maybe MTV had to eliminate one of the Asian crews? Just a conspiracy theory.

Blueprint Cru performed the Hip Hop Nation and Last Chance Challenges in ok fashion. After the first few times of seeing them, I am pretty bored watching them. I wasn't really feeling their performances.

Hype 5-0 went back to their high energy choreo and added a few disses of some crews. In all, it was also ok. But it wasn't enough for the judges to keep them around for the final.

Poreotix performed twice and I liked both of them better than the rest. But I wasn't blown away. It was enjoyable as I like their style. Precise movements with flashes of b-boy thown in. The Hip Hop Nation challenge was good because it was so long. They were able to throw in a lot of stuff. But nothing with a "wow" factor. Their Last Challenge was a different story. Sticking to what they like best, Poreotix went back to basic and had lots of isolations, tutting, popping, and robotic movements.

I would be surprised if Blueprint Cru is awarded ABDC next week. But this season was very similar to the last season for me. I was waiting and waiting and waiting to be wowed. I never did, but it was so close, it kept me around.

In comparison, Season 1 was kept intense because Jabba and Kaba were so good. Season 2 had Super Cr3w, SoReal Cru, Fanny Pak, and Supreme Soul putting out amazing performances every week. Season 3 belonged to Quest and Beat freaks.

Season 4 and the most current, Season 5 did not present any real front runners and really anyone could have been eliminated each week and we wouldn't be surprised.

Well, I will be voted by the locals of Los Angeles, Poreotix. Not only because they are homeboys, but I like them better. To each their vote.



No comments: