Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Death Note II: The Last Name - 死亡筆記本:決勝時刻



Death Note: The Last Name [Death Note II] (死亡筆記本:決勝時刻) is a 2006 film out of Japan. The film stars Tatsuya Fujiwara, Kenichi Matsuyama, Erika Toda, and Nana Katase. This film is the sequel and conclusion of the live action Death Note series.

Light, played by Tatsuya Fujiwara, continues his cat and mouse game with L, played by Kenichi Matsuyama. The group is introduced to Kira II, played by Erika Toda. Kira II has a Death Note book too. And she wants to find the real Kira and uses some extreme measures to get it. Kira II is special in that she has the Eyes. The ability to see people's names and their lifespan.

I would like to go on, but I would be revealing too much of the plot. This film was better than the first in my opinion, because the pacing was must faster and the 2 new leading ladies were very easy on the eyes. The suspense and twist are maximized to the fullest with this arc.

The ending is a surprise to me and I wasn't disappointed nor was I into it as well.

A nice series that plays on the supernatural and the "logic" that comes from movie magic.

No comments: