Saturday, November 13, 2010

Watchmen - 守護者



Watchmen (守護者) is a 2009 film. The film stars a bunch of people, but these were the main players, Jackie Earle Haley, Patrick Wilson, and Malin Åkerman. The others included Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Carla Gugino.

The story is pretty hard to describe in words so I'll just post what Netflix has:

Zack Snyder directs this adaptation of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons's graphic novel set in a parallel Earth in 1985, where superheroes are prohibited from using their powers despite the threat of nuclear war. When one of their number is murdered, however, the outlaw heroes -- including Dr. Manhattan (Billy Crudup), Silk Spectre (Carla Gugino), Rorschach (Jackie Earle Haley) and Nite Owl (Patrick Wilson) -- unite to defend themselves.


As a person whom read the comic version before seeing the film, it didn't matter. Because I read the comics back in the 80 while I was in High School. And back then, I wasn't into the more mature stuff like this. So, I read them, stored them away and completely forgot about it. Seriously, completely forgot. So, while I watched the movie, things started to sorta come back, but never completely. Which was a good thing. In general, the movie was standalone and I didn't have the baggage of the comics to reference.

However, the movie is pretty heavy in its subject matter and to where it was going, I didn't feel compelled to follow. In the end, I was was just "eh" about the movie. It was not bad and it certainly wasn't great. Well made film though and prolly a must watch if you're in sci-fi.

No comments: