Saturday, November 6, 2010

DJ Doboy - Time to Trance Again



I'll have to admit that since I program a lot less now, I don't have my pulse on finding music like I did before. Recently, I've gotten into the habit of leaving the music on more often and on one of those shuffle days, Trancequility 32 came on. Within minutes, Trancequility 9 came on. It's been awhile since I've strayed away from my Vocal Edition 4. Which got me to organizing it my iTunes. Which found me listening to the stuff 100% for over a week. Which reminded of how amazing his mixes were and how proficient his output was in the early 2000s.

It's very sad that he's gone into "retirement" now and prolly won't ever be back. Life stages do that to you. It was a great run and I'll always look back at the early to mid 2000s as the DJ Doboy years. Not only were the mixes great, his tenure at DI is missed even today (DI just isn't the same anymore).

His MySpace page is still up. But it hasn't been updated since the pre-Facebook days.

No comments: