Friday, November 25, 2011

Conan the Barbarian - 蛮王柯南



Conan the Barbarian (蛮王柯南) is an 2011 summer film. The movie stars Jason Momoa. The supporting cast includes Rachel Nichols, Stephen Lang, Rose McGowan, and Ron Perlman. The is a reboot of the Conan and is supposedly closer to the orignal material of creator Robert E. Howard.

The movie starts with an young Conan learning the ways of the barbarian in his homeland, Cimmeria. Conan's mother died giving birth to him in battle. Because of this, Conan and his father have a very tight bound. Conan proves to be an excellent warrior. When his village is attacked and wiped out, Conan vows to take revenge. Along the way, he leaves a trail of carnage.

The movie was quite disappointing. The mythic character of Conan I watched in Arnold in the 80s and the Marvel Conan I read around the same time was missing. Conan's line of "I live, I love, I slay, I am content" is barely there. Conan is much more Kull in this film. I was hoping for a better villain and lead love interest. The movie was completely casts wrong too. Production value is really high. Story, cast, and flow were not.



No comments: