Saturday, November 5, 2011

How to Train Your Dragon - 馴龍高手



How to Train Your Dragon (馴龍高手) is a 2010 animated film out of the US. It ended up being a very successful animated film and a sequel is on the way for 2014.

The story of a vikings battling dragons. The chief of the village has a son Hiccup. He's not too keen on killing dragons. Much less anything. On his way to the forest one day to retrieve a dragon, he comes across an egg and a dragon pops out. Hiccup can't find it to kill it and lets it go free. Going back to search for it, they become friends. However, back at home, Hiccup is getting pressure to from everywhere to kill dragons. But he's seen them as friendly creatures. As the story progresses, Hiccup has to make a choice. The dragon or his clan. BUT there's more, they find the nest and hunt it down.

The movie was just OK for me. I think it had been hyped too much for me going in. I don't normally go and rent animated features, not even pixar ones. But did so on many adult recommendations. Do I regret it? Yes. I normally find it hard to follow the animation. I like real people in general.




No comments: