Sunday, March 13, 2016

People Like Us



People Like Us is an 2012 film. The movie stars Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks. The supporting cast include Olivia Wilde, Jon Favreau, and Michelle Pfeiffer. I caught this movie on HBO a year or so back.

The movie start with Chris Pine's character Sam Harper returning home to Los Angeles for the funeral of his father. When he arrives back home, his mother is not all that happy to see him as he has not been back much since college. While going through his father's belongings, he finds money that he needs very much. But he finds a note that says the money goes to Josh Davis. Sam eventually finds Josh and his mother, Frankie Davis, played by Elizabeth Banks. Frankie is Sam's half sister and Josh is his nephew. Sam decides to stick around while trying to figure out if he should keep the money. Along the way, Sam forces his way into Frankie and Josh's life. Will Sam find redemption?

The movie was slow and took awhile to develop. I was washing dishes so I let it run. I don't think I missed much. But the movie was entertaining enough. Pine is a charismatic leading man and Banks also keeps your attention. What got me hooked was what he would do with the money. Keep it for himself or give it to Josh Davis? The home life Sam had with his mother was also of interest. In the end, I enjoyed the movie.



No comments: