Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dragonball Evolution - 七龍珠:全新進化 (2009) - Upcoming



Dragonball Evolution (七龍珠:全新進化) is being released in Taiwan on March 13, 2009. Coming to the US on April 8, 2009. Which is unusual since its a US film.

The trailer are out and the hype and promotion is starting to pick up.

For the record, Dragonball is after my time. I have not watched or read the comics in the past, so I have no warm and fuzzy feelings about this movie. Not like I did for Transformers or the upcoming G.I.Joe. I grew up on Voltron, Thundercats, Transformers, Go-bots, and G.I. Joe. I am in 80s kid through and through. Dragonball is a late 90s thing. I was already working when it made it to the US.

The controversy is the casting of a non-Asian actor in the lead role of Goku. There is a smattering of Asians in other less prominent roles. Its racist Hollywood at work again.



No comments: