Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Proud Twins - The Handsome Siblings - 小魚兒與花無缺



The Proud Twins - The Handsome Siblings - 小魚兒與花無缺 was a 2004 and 2005 wuxia series starring Nicholas Tse and Dickie Cheung, based off the Gu Long novel, The Legendary Twins (絕世雙嬌).

I originally wrote a brief review of this series in March 2007.

Here's my review from March 12, 2007:
One is called "The Proud Twins" starring two HK male leads, Dicky Cheung and Nicholas Tse. Its around 44 or 45 episodes (depends on which DVD set you're watching). I must say that the first 25 episode were fantastic. Simply amazing. I watched in anticipation for each story arc to unfold. But the series took a really dark tone after that point and I ended up fast forwarding through at least 80% of the rest of the series. I remember telling my wife that she had to watch it and I'd translate whatever she couldn't understand. But I couldn't recommend it after I watched it all. Only 60% of the series was any good. Do the producers and makers even know how good it was and how much it sucked after? In any case, it was GREAT for 25 episodes. I can tell you when to stop and not watch anymore. This story was based off a Gu Long novel.


That was both a glowing and loathsome review. It really was a amazing first half to the series. However, the second half turned really morbid and doesn't give you that nice fuzzy ending you would like.



2 comments:

magarela said...

Hi!!! I am watching this drama right now and really liking it. But after reading your review I have I question, the second half issue do you think is a probleam with this version or the original story issue? Because I found so many version of this drama. Did you watch all of them? Which on do you think is the best?

Populasian said...

I think it more likely the story as the most recent version from 2020 on Netflix had a similar 2nd half. I can really only remember the 2020 version now.