Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Woman, A Gun And A Noodle Shop - 三槍拍案驚奇



A Woman, A Gun And A Noodle Shop (三槍拍案驚奇) is a 2009 film out of Zhong Guo. The movie stars Sun Honglei, Xiaoshenyang, Yan Ni, and Ni Dahong. Directed by the acclaimed Zhang Yimou. The film is apparently a remake.

A woman that co-owns a noodle shop with his rich husband buys a gun. The woman is abused by her husband and plans on using it to defend herself. The wife is also having an affair with one of the noodle staff. However, the husband hires a army guy to take out his wife because he suspects she's cheating. Round and round you go until everyone everywhere gets some action.

The movie was quite interesting to watch. Literally a few days after watching this movie, I see Sun Honglei in one of my favorite noodle shops in Hacienda Heights. I was there with a bunch of co-workers and pulled Sun's picture up on LoveHKfilm.com to tell my co-workers. Unfortunately, no one in that group had any idea who Sun was. After Sun left, I asked the staff there if it was him. They confirmed and said they took some pictures with him.

As for the movie. Hmm. I liked it and didn't like it. I wasn't in a good place when watching it. I was really looking for action. This movie had very little. Mostly drama, suspense, and comedy. I was eventually won over though. I would not be looking to watch this again.



No comments: