Sunday, March 10, 2013

Iron Man 3 - 鋼鐵人3 - Upcoming



Iron Man 3 (鋼鐵人3) is set for international release on April 25. It'll land in the US of A on May 3rd! I can't wait. I've been an Iron Man fanboy since, well, I was a wee lad. I remember the concept of a man who creates his own suit of armor to be a super hero to be completely fascinating. I reminded me of the Japanese manga my older siblings owned, like Gundam and Mazinger Z.



However, as I got older and more mature, the origin of Iron Man was a bit of a turn off. Trapped in Southeast Asia, he's helped by Ho Chin to build his armor and survive. The archenemy was a funmanchu yellow peril caricature named Mandarin. And in general, the Iron Man series has had its share of "Asian" topics that are borderline or blatantly racist.

So, why stay an Iron Man fan? Because the essence of Tony Stark and Iron Man is what draws me. NOT the mandarin story lines that perpetuate negative fumanchu stereotypes.



As the release date approaches, the build up to the release is hitting fever pitch. The Iron Man 3 action figures have already been at Target for the past month.





No comments: