Monday, May 7, 2018

Get Out - 逃出絕命鎮



Get Out (逃出絕命鎮) is an 2017 film. The movie stars Daniel Kaluuya and Allison Williams. The supporting cast include Bradley Whitford, Caleb Landry Jones, Stephen Root, Lakeith Stanfield, Erika Alexander, Betty Gabriel, and Catherine Keener. The film is directed and written by Jordan Peele. It became a surprise hit and a sequel may be in the works.

Daniel Kaluuya and Allison Williams play boyfriend and girlfriend from a urban area. They head out to meet her family for the first time for a reunion. When they get there, things go from strange to stranger. The black folk were treated like servants and their behavior was more and more disturbing. Things go from stranger to worst as the film goes along.

This was an ok film. I didn't realize it was an horror film until the action started. I rented it based on its cultural significance. Which it has. Jordan Peele's movie really open the light on a new genre. Given that, I was pretty bored with the film. The story itself was unique, but I found myself predicting things once I understood the unique concept. Definitely watch it for the historical cultural significance of the movie and what Jordan Peele accomplished. But I won't be watching this again nor recommending it.





No comments: