Monday, May 21, 2018

Baby Driver - 玩命再劫



Baby Driver (玩命再劫) is an 2017 film. The movie stars Ansel Elgort. The supporting cast includes Kevin Spacey, Lily James, Eiza González, Jon Hamm, Jamie Foxx, and Jon Bernthal. This film is directed by Edgar Wright, whom was attached to direct the first Ant-man for many years but parted ways with Marvel.

Ansel Elgort plays Baby who is an extremely good driver. Hence the title of the film, Baby Driver. When Baby is caught by a crime lord, he has to pay him back by driving. Mainly as a getaway driver. Of course a heist goes bad and baby is on the run and trying to get his life back.

I actually was so hyped to see this film that I actually went to the movie theater to watch this. Oh my gawd. I was so disappointed. The movie was highly predictable and the protagonist was so annoying as a main. During the last 30 minutes, thoughts of walking out overcame me, but stuck it out. Lily James, Eiza González, Jon Hamm, and Jamie Foxx played against type but seemed to be over acting the whole time. Trying so hard to be bad @$$ or cooler than they are.

I can not recommend this movie. I haven't been a fan Edgar Wright's films and don't know why I thought this would be good. Maybe it was good Marvel parted ways with him.



No comments: