Saturday, May 12, 2018

Ben-Hur - 賓漢



Ben-Hur (賓漢) is an 2016 film. The movie stars Jack Huston as Judah Ben-Hur. The supporting cast include Morgan Freeman, Toby Kebbell, Nazanin Boniadi, and Rodrigo Santoro.

Ben-Hur is a Jewish nobleman that's intent to stay on the good side of the roman occupation of Jerusalem. After an event that sends him to the slave ships, he finds redemption and his way back to Jerusalem. There, Ben-hur finds redemption.

I watched Ben-hur growing up, but the 1950s version with Charlton Heston. So the story was familiar but strange at the same time. It has been 20 some years since I watched the Charlton Heston version. But I remember enough of the movie that I wasn't surprised. I also knew it was a story of redemption. So, Ben-hur would win at the end.

Not sure I would watch this again. Fun to watch it once.



No comments: