Thursday, May 10, 2018

Split - 分裂



Split (分裂) is an 2016 film with its wide released in 2017. The movie stars James McAvoy and Anya Taylor-Joy. The supporting cast include Betty Buckley, Haley Lu Richardson, and Jessica Sula. The film is written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. It was surprise break out hit and revitalized the career of M. Night Shyamalan.

Three girls are kidnaped from a mall parking lot and help captive. As they learn, the captor has split personalities and they learn to play with each out. All the time, they try to escape from captivity. As time goes on and after repeated failures, the girls try more and more despite things. Can they trick the right personality to help them escape?

I rented the movie from Redbox after all the hype for the movie ran it to a major box office win for M. Night Shyamalan. Whom hadn't really had a mojor hit since The Happening in 2008. But M. Night Shyamalan is the master of low budget flair that makes enough money to keep him going. And he got a hit with Split. Split is the 2nd of the a trilogy.

I kind of enjoyed the movie. If it did not become a simi-box office hit, I would not have rented it. But because I wanted to find out why, I did. Now I know why and it was ok. Good thing I got it during T-Mobile Tuesday's free RedBox rental deal. If I had to pay for it, I might not have been happy.



No comments: