Friday, February 26, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics Ladies' Figure Skating



Kim Yu-Na does the expected and crushes the competition by over 20 points. Living up to the hype and the weight of a nation's expectation. It was an pretty impressive showing. Yu-Na has a sensuality to her performances that I am sure she'll build on back in Korea.

Mao Asada may have been considered the best 4 years ago, she's only second best these days. Mao has an quirkiness about her that does go against her in direct comparison to Yu-Na. I expect her to come back and get the gold in 4 years after Yu-Na retires.



Homegurl Mirai Nagasu (home in terms of from Los Angeles) puts on her best show to date and says, watch out for me when I am 20.

I've always enjoyed figure skating as its both athletic and graceful at the same. Like gymnastics on ice.

Due to the current state of figure skating, this year was the best I've seen. The girls are pushing the spins to amazing levels. When are the women going to start doing quads?

No comments: