Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Front Line - 高地戰



The Front Line (高地戰) is an 2011 film out of Korea. The movie stars Shin Ha-kyun and Go Soo. The movie is set during the Korean War.

Shin plays a investigator sent to a platoon that takes a hill from the north and loses it to the north. With the help of air support from the US, the south retake the hill. Back and forth it goes. The soliders of the front line are asked to risk their lives for a hill that will look good on a map.



The movie was mostly about the lives of the soliders that risk their lives for nothing. It explores the north and the south soliders and the lives they live. The movie is pretty long and covers the gambit of things they go through.

I think I've seen too many Korean north/south war things that it wasn't all that interesting to me. It took me a few days to finish it because of my general lack of interest. Good thing for Netflix.



No comments: