Friday, April 15, 2011

America's Best Dance Crew - Season 6 - Kesha Challenge



Last night was the second episode of America's Best Dance Crew (Season 6), the Kesha Challenge. The remaining 5 groups of 10 were introduced to us. The judges will eliminate 1 crew by determining the 4 crews that move on to next round. This week, the crews dance to songs by Ke$ha. Maybe all the crews who are of age used a bottle of jack prior to the show. They were all pretty terrible. I'll go one more week to see if its worth it. And I avoid Kesha songs for a reason. Pretty sure it contributed to some of the terrible dancing too.

It just feels like that since we're on the 6th season, the producers are trying to push an invisible envelop of new dance trends. However, these trends would never make the mainstream. Hip hop pole dancing? Really. Status Quo, PR style this time around. Come on ABDC producers! Stop trying to push lame trends on us that suck. No footworks or whatever is next, have an all stars show what brings back the best of the rest.

Mad props to Instant Noodles for representing Taiwan. The story of how they all went to the same HS, got the states for college, etc. Great inspiring story. Dang, than they started to dance. In general, pretty tame but very "low" energy. I want to pull for these guys, but I can't see them going very far. And stop with the eating noodles gestures, just way too much.

I feel like I am angry at these guys. And I am. I had such high hopes and this episode and last weeks' really let me down.

Couple of shots of KevJumba and Victor Kim in the crowd. Other then that, didn't really recognize anyone else.

I really hope the next round is better or this is Season 4 all over again


No comments: