Friday, May 20, 2011

America's Best Dance Crew - Season 6 - Nicki Minaj Challenge



Last night was the seventh episode of America's Best Dance Crew (Season 6), the Nicki Minaj Challenge. The remaining 4 groups battle it out for the remaining three spots. The bottom two crews were Phunk Phenomenon and Street Kingdom. After a spirited dance off, Street Kingdom were let go by the judges. This was the third time Street Kingdom landed in the bottom 2.

This week, we had a group dance to start the show. Which wasn't very interesting nor was the music any good. Just bad. I don't think that performance will make any Season 6 highlight reels. But than I aM mE took the stage and rocked it. Sometimes I think the themes given by the judges are quite lame. Although I aM mE had to incorporate childhood games into their routine, I was thinking, what if they didn't have this. What if they could do a magic trick and choose their own song. Imagine if this happend during season three. Beat Freaks and Quest would never have been able to elevate their game to the stratospheric levels that they did. What if..??

ICONic Boyz seem like a force that's unstoppable. I think they are going to win it. Not because they're the best, but because they're going to get the most votes. They will not fall into the bottom two. That's my take and you'll see I aM mE and Phunk Phenomenon in the bottom two next week. I predict an ICONic Boyz and I aM mE finals with the Boyz winning it all. Just imagine the marketing bonanza that's going to happen after. A non-Asian crew wins! We can finally market a ABDC winner! Not since the masked Jabba men have we been able to market an ABDC winner.

Even though it may seem like I didn't like the episode, it wasn't a major disappointment. I am in because of I aM mE. I gotta support them. I just voted for them like ~10 times right now.

No comments: