Friday, May 27, 2011

America's Best Dance Crew - Season 6 - Kanye West Challenge



Last night was the eighth episode of America's Best Dance Crew (Season 6), the Kanye West Challenge. The remaining 3 groups battle it out for the last two spots. The bottom two crews were Phunk Phenomenon and I aM mE. After a spirited dance off, Phunk Phenomenon were let go by the judges.

As predicted, its an I aM mE and ICONic Boyz finale. ICONic Boyz never hit the bottom, being saved by votes or MTV. Who knows how the voting works in this things. Had ICONic Boyz ever gotten to the bottom, based on their last 2-3 performances, they would be gone. And based on this episodes' performances, it should be an Phunk Phenomenon and I aM mE finale.

For the bottom 2 head to head dance off, both Phunk Phenomenon and I aM mE brought it hard. Technically, i think I aM mE was superior. From the energy level perspective, Phunk Phenomenon was the winner. And since the judges get to pick, they would probably go with the more technically sound group. For me, there were good moments with Phunk Phenomenon, but I was wowed by I aM mE because I like their style more.

This weeks challenge was based on Kanye West songs, but sucka didn't even bother to show himself. Instead, we got something better. We got season five's winner, Poreotix dancing to the challenges. The challenge was to incorporate ISOS, the Dougie, and Boogaloo. Poreotix ended up being in the crowd as well.

Next week, there's going to be a "Battle of the Final Two" episode which I don't really understand. The finale will have all the past champions there. Which I will be looking for to. Will D-Trix get back onstage with Quest again? Will we ever see Koba back on the ABDC stage again?!

After this episode, I actually think that I aM mE has a shot. The two performances by ICONic Boyz were very underwhelming and could have ppl saying to themselves, "they're cute, but I aM mE killed it". However, my gut has ICONic Boyz winning. I really hope not, but its prolly gonna be ICONic Boyz. Its an unstoppable marketing force.


No comments: