Tuesday, August 30, 2011

那些年,我們一起追的女孩 - You're The Apple Of My Eye - Upcoming



那些年,我們一起追的女孩 (You're The Apple Of My Eye) was released in Taipei last week. Jiubadao’s (九把刀 or “Nine Knives”) is whom this movie is based on and it entails a coming of age story set in Jibbadao's past. From what I can gleam from the clips and trailer released, this movie takes story telling into the bedroom of an adolescent boy's mind and spills outward. Commonplace for cinemas here in the US, a la American Pie and its rip offs, its finally made its way to good ol' Taipei.

I am a fan of Michelle Chen and would watch this movie for her even if it suck "balls". Ha, get it? ;-) However, the rest of the cast from the trailer leave much to be desired. As does the storyline. At my age, its annoying to watch "boys" find themselves, figuratively and literally for this film.

It's already broken major record records in Taipei at the box office. Good for them. On this end, I am looking forward to it, but in a much more subdued way.

No comments: